Before You Begin
Download: Monument Apps
Suggested Article: What else do I need?
Suggested Article: Update Monument Software
Android and iOS Setup
Tip: Connect Monument to your TV/Monitor (not computer) with an HDMI cable
Tip: On your iOS/Android device, connect to your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
Tip: On your iOS/Android device, turn on your Bluetooth
- Open Monument App - Click "Start Using Monument"
- Select "Set up a new Monument"
- Enter your name and e-mail address
- Open your e-mail inbox
- Click "Verify your e-mail"
- Go back to the app and click "Continue"
- Your device will search for Monument over Bluetooth
- Your device will connect to Monument over Bluetooth
- Connect Monument to a TV/Monitor (not computer) with an HDMI cable
Note: An HDMI connection is required only during setup
Note: Some Monuments with updated firmware may not see this step
- If you do not have a HDMI cable, click "No" for an alternative update method
Note: Please manually update the firmware using one of the following methods
Suggestion: Update Firmware - USB Method
Suggestion: Update Firmware - SD Card Method
- Select your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
Note: Your iOS/Android device can connect back to 5.0GHz after setup is complete
Note: If Ethernet is connected, you will not see this screen
- Enter your Wi-Fi password
- Monument will now connect to your network
- Monument will now begin to initialize
- Monument will begin to download the latest firmware
- Monument will install the latest firmware
Note: LED Indicator will color cycle several times. Please be patient.
- Connect your external USB hard drive
- The hard drive will initialize
- Select "Use As Storage"
- Select "Automatic or Manual" backup
- Click "Allow" to give Monument access to your photos
- Click "Finish"
- The following message is shown if "Automatic Upload" was selected
- The following message is shown if "Manual Upload" was selected