First check out our easier USB Flash Drive method
SD Card Update Procedure
You will need a spare SD card and a computer to complete this process.
- Download: Firmware (1.5.3)
- Unzip/extract this file.
- Download and Install Etcher: https://etcher.io
- Plug in a blank SD card into your laptop.
- Open Etcher and press 'Select image'.
- Select the unzipped file you just downloaded "recovery_sd_20180131_459.img".
- Select your SD Card Drive.
- Press 'Flash'.
- You may be asked to enter your computer password.
- This process may take a few minutes.
- Once the process is complete, remove the SD Card from your computer and continue below.
- (If your Mac displays a dialog box stating "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer", please click ignore before you remove the SD card.)
- Remove the power cable from your Monument Device and unplug any external hard drives.
- Insert the SD Card into the front of your Monument Device.
- Power up your Monument by attaching the power cable.
- Updating will begin and the LED in front of the unit should flicker in different colors, and the whole process should take around 7 minutes.
- Do not interrupt the process until you see a solid green color.
5. When finished, the LED Indicator will remain green.
6. Remove the SD Card. Your Monument Device will restart with the updated software.
7. Open the Monument App and select "Setup a new Monument" or "Connect to an existing Monument" if you have previously completed setup.