First check out our easier USB Flash Drive method
This method should only be used if the LED Indicator in the front of your Monument Device is occasionally or permanently red/yellow. You will need a spare SD card and a computer to complete this process.
SD Card Update Procedure
- Download this file to your computer.
- Unzip this file by double clicking on it.
- Verify the extracted file: recovery_sd_20170718_381.img on your computer.
- Continue below for MAC/OS X and PC/Windows.
- Linux instructions here.
1. Prepare Your SD Card - Mac and Windows
- Download and Install Etcher: https://etcher.io
- Plug in the SD card into your computer.
- Open Etcher and press 'Select image'.
- Select your unzipped file: recovery_sd_20170718_381.img
- Select your SD Card Drive.
- Press 'Flash'.
- You may be asked to enter computer password.
- This process may take a few minutes.
- Once the process is complete, remove the SD Card from your computer and continue below.
- (If your Mac displays a dialog box stating "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer", please click ignore before you remove the SD card.)
- Remove the power cable from your Monument Device and unplug any external hard drives.
- Insert the SD Card into the front of your Monument Device.
- Power up your Monument.
- Updating will begin and the LED in front of the unit should flicker in different colors, and the whole process should take around 7 minutes.
- Do not interrupt the process until you see a solid green color.
5. When finished, the LED Indicator will remain green.
6. Remove the SD Card. Your Monument Device will restart with the updated software.
- If your Monument is connected to a TV, you will see the firmware version number v1.3.9 on the lower left corner of the screen.