Photos and videos already on the hard drive connected to Monument can be imported into your Monument library. As the content already exists on the hard drive, Monument does not back it up to its own folder. To view the content in the Monument app, please follow the instructions below.
Part 1: Steps on computer
- Eject your Primary Drive from Monument
- Connect the drive to your computer
- Open the hard drive and create a new folder (example: "Import Folder")
- Move all photos into your new folder
Note: Do not move, rename, or delete the Monument folder
- Eject the hard drive from your computer
Part 2: Steps in Monument app
- Reconnect the primary drive to Monument
- Open the Monument app
- Go to Settings > Hard Drives > Select Primary Hard Drive
- Click "Import From Hard Drive"
- Select the new folder you just created
Note: Only a single folder can be selected to import
Warning: Do not move, rename, or delete the imported folder
- Monument will begin importing all photos and videos inside that folder
Tip: The Monument app can be closed. Import will run in background.