This parts a little tricky (take a deep breath)
Monument uses Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) to enable remote access to your device.
- If your router supports UPnP, the remote connection is configured automatically.
- If you're receiving an error when turning on 'Remote Access' in your Monument App Settings, follow the steps below.
1. Open your router's access point settings.
2. Enable UPnP.
- Some access points come with UPnP disabled by default. Please check if this option is disabled and then switch it on.
- Usually, this option is located in Advanced Setup or LAN/WAN or Administration Menu.
3. Save your settings and restart your router.
4. Turn on 'Remote Access' in your Monument App Settings.
- If this doesn't work, proceed to "Port Forwarding".
*Please Note: The following steps may be different for each Router. Please contact your Router Provider or contact us with your model if you need assistance.
1. Reserve IP address.
- Check the IP address of Monument:
- This option is usually located under LAN, Status, LAN or Network Setup.
- Try to locate DHCP, DHCP Client List, or DHCP Table to find the list of devices connected to your access point.
- Monument is shown as “m217X12-427XXXXX” in this list.
- *Note the IP address and the MAC address* - you will be using this unique information for this setup.
2. Set up DHCP reservation.
- Enter the MAC and IP address of your Monument device into the DHCP Reserve Table and save the settings.
4. Locate Port Forwarding or NAT in your settings.
- This menu is usually located under LAN/WAN, NAT, Administration, or Advanced Settings.
5. Enter the IP address of the Monument.
- Set the protocol to “TCP” and port numbers to 8201.
6. Save your settings and restart your router.
7. Reset Monument (App Settings or Reconnect Power Cable).
8. Turn on 'Remote Access' in your Monument App Settings.
Please Note: If you go through this set-up and later switch from WiFi to Ethernet or from Ethernet to Wifi, your remote access may not work. You may need to go through this setup again, and assign the static address and port forwarding to whichever port you may be using.