Your external USB drives. Your personal storage.
Your Monument device has (2) USB slots in the back:
- First slot = Primary Drive which will be used to store all of your content.
- Second slot = Secondary Drive (optional) which can only be used for Disc Mirroring for the time being (creating a second backup/RAID 1).
- This drive must be the same or higher in storage capacity.
- The Monument device can only be connected by (2) external USB drives.
- You may need to remove (not eject) previous devices if you wish to connect new drives - shown below. Please read before removing any drives.
Connecting external USB drives
1. During setup, connect your external USB drive to your Monument Device.
2. Click 'Use As Storage'.
- If you connect a second drive, select 'Use As Backup'.
3. In Settings, click on USB Drives to view all connected drives.
Removing or Ejecting external USB drives
- Read here before removing an external USB drive from your Monument Device.