You'll need an USB Flash Drive
Use this procedure if the LED Indicator in the front of your Monument Device is WHITE or BLUE.
- If the LED in the front is occasionally or permanently RED or YELLOW, this procedure will not work.
- Use the Recovering/Updating Monument with an SD Card procedure instead.
USB Flash Drive Update Procedure
1. Use any modern USB flash drive.
- (USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 - The format can be FAT32, NTFS or exFAT).
2. Download Latest Firmware to your computer.
3. Copy the downloaded file directly to the USB Flash Drive. Make sure the name is exactly "monumentfw".
4. Connect Monument to your TV/Monitor to watch progress (optional).
5. Insert the USB Flash Drive into any of the two USB ports on the back of your Monument Device.
6. The update will take approximately 5 minutes and the LED will color cycle. No need to do anything.
7. Your Monument will automatically reboot once the update is completed.
8. The LED should now be flashing blue (if you still need to complete setup) or solid white.
9. Remove the USB Flash Drive.
10. If you need to setup, please open the Monument App and select "Setup A New Monument" (guides here). Select "Yes" if Monument asks if you have an HDMI connected.
11. If you've previously setup Monument, select "Connect to an existing Monument".