Transferring data to a new hard drive
When changing hard drives, the current primary drive must first be forgotten in the app. This will remove all in-app data such as albums, people, tags, etc. and Monument will need to import and analyze the content again.
Note: A new update is being released soon that will transfer content without
losing in-app data
- Any saved hard drives must first be forgotten in the app
- Go to Settings > Hard Drives > Click on Primary Drive > Click Forget > Proceed through the warning messages
- This will also remove your backup drive if one is connected
- Unplug all hard drives from Monument
- Connect the old primary drive and the new drive to a computer
- On the new drive create a new folder (Name can be anything, but do not use "Monument")
- On the old primary drive open the Monument folder
- Drag all camera folders (or user folders) to inside of the new folder on the new drive
- Do not transfer these folders if they are visible: ".cache", ".incoming", ".meta", "userdata"
- Open the ".incoming" folder and transfer any content inside to the new folder. Do not transfer the folder itself.
- If there is an import folder on the old primary drive then transfer that to the new folder as well
- Wait for the transfer to complete
- Safely remove the new drive from your computer
- Connect the new drive to Monument
- Open the app and there will be an in-app message asking what you'd like to do with the hard drive
- Select Use as storage
- Go to Settings > Hard Drives > Click on Primary Drive > Click Import From Hard Drive
- Select the new folder
- Monument will begin to import and organize everything that you had previously backed up