Xfinity provides "xFi Advanced Security" services to block remote access to smart devices, like Monument on your home network.
Monument apps use UPnP standard to open a direct, secure connection to your Monument. It uses port 8201 and this is enabled automatically after enabling "Remote Access" under "Settings" using the Monument mobile app.
In order to solve this, there are two options available:
1. Disable UPnP on Xfinity
You can disable UPnP on your Xfinity modem and change remote connection settings of Monument by following these steps:
- Open Monument mobile app.
- Make sure you're on the same network with Monument and the app connection status is "Connected".
- Open "Settings" and disable "Remote Access".
- Login to your Xfinity Gateway Admin tool and disable UPnP and any port forwarding rule to port 8201 if that exists.
- Try enabling "Remote Access" setting again using the Monument app.
Note: If you have other devices on your network using UPnP,
disabling UPnP on your Xfinity modem may affect these devices.
2. Disable Xfinity Advanced Security
You can turn off the Xfinity Advanced Security feature by following this article and restart your modem.