I received my Monument a few weeks ago to help me keep on top of my 100,000+ photos / 15,000+ videos. Whilst it’s still busily cataloging them all, I have found a few bits that could be improved:
- On the Browse > People page, add an icon against any people that are waiting for photos to be confirmed. Its a pain in the backside having to open each person individually just to check!
- Add in a cut-off date for photos of people that are scanned by the AI in their personal information. I keep getting the AI match people against photos taken, in some cases, a decade before I even met them! This is especially useful for photos of kids as - again, the AI constantly asks for confirmation on whether a pic is my son despite being taken years before his birth. A ‘known from’ field, or ‘only match after X-date’ field would be perfect.
- When confirming pictures of people, it would be useful to remove photos entirely (rather than just deselect). I’ve had the AI declare a hubcap to be a face - but after deselecting it for one person, it continually crops up as suggestions for other people. Same for people in the background of photos.
- The ability to tag people in a picture that’s been missed by the AI (VERY common)
And a few bugs:
- If you have Photos set to monthly, and click to zoom in on a tile - it’s not possible to get back to the monthly view (IOS). You can only select DAILY from the options.
- If someone is incorrectly tagged in a picture, you can remove their tag - but trying to update the tag with the correct person than results in an error. Exiting the photo then loses it entirely to the depths of no-taggedness!
Awesome tool though! I’m really happy with it so far - it’s not perfect, but it has saved me hundreds of hours of work already.
Please sign in to leave a comment.