A bit of a long list of things that are driving me nuts or would just be nice to have fixed. Some have been mentioned before, others are new. I apologize for repeats, but I think it's important to have these in context. :)
Mac desktop app
- Menu bar is very non-standard and should be finished up. First item in the "Monument" menu is just "Version 0.22.x" or whatever instead of the standard "About Monument" to open up a window with more info.
- When you close the app then restart it, the window should be opening at the same place and size it was when you closed it
- Add menu option to open the release notes
- All of the UX and editing features listed under the iOS app below
- Uploading photos from the Apple photo library should preserve all metadata including labels, tags, and so forth
- Add support for the Apple share service so you can easily share photos using not only services but share them to other apps for editing
- Right-clicking on photos should offer appropriate options in a contextual menu; delete, edit, info/details, and so forth
- The backspace/delete key should trigger the "Delete selected photos" functionality, just like clicking the delete button in the toolbar at the bottom of the window
- The toolbar that appears when you click a photo should be at the top, not the bottom, of the window to comply with Mac standard design
- The space bar currently scrolls down a page. It should instead open the currently selected photo in Quick Look mode
- The "revert to original" button's icon looks like it's actually "rotate left". Find a better icon to use for this.
- Add rotate left/right buttons directly to the toolbar when photo(s) are selected, so you can do these extremely common operations quickly
- Consider using the new Mac Catalyst API to basically use the iOS version of your app on Mac, so that you can make your dev cycles shorter.
iOS app and/or firmware
(I don't always know whether a given feature would require firmware updates, so I'll group ;these here)
- Support labeling/naming photos, as well as ideally longer notes or descriptions (this one's been mentioned many times and is a real deal-breaker for photo management when it's not there)
- Import photos from Apple photo library should include all metadata including labels, descriptions, tags, etc. Throwing that all out and having to redo it is crazy.
- Support updating the date/trime stamp on a photo or group of photos, both by setting it to a specific date and time and by applying an offset ("add 2 days" or "subtract 3 hours", that kind of thing. Bonus points for a feature that lets you choose the original and new time zones to deal with time zone inaccuracies.
- For screenshots, offer a preference like "Upload screenshots? Yes, No, Ask Every Time"
(Things that are specific to the device firmware for certain)
- Add slideshow/screen saver mode to display a given set of photos; ideally with a variety of styles and transition methods -- see Apple's screen savers for Mac but especially Apple TV for the idea here
- Consider adding some basic photo management directly to the device. With a wireless keyboard or Bluetooth remote control, an interface could be provided to let you do basic stuff like rotation, adding to/removing from albums, etc.
There's plenty more, just a list of what's on the top of my head right now as I try to get things done.
Please sign in to leave a comment.