To manually update to the latest firmware version, you will need a flash drive, computer, and access to internet.
If you're looking for the firmware update for Monument 1 devices, please follow this link
CONTENTS IN THIS ARTICLE
Steps on computer
- Connect a USB flash drive to your computer.
Note Make sure the USB drive is formatted using NTFS, exFAT or FAT32.
Note: On a Mac computer, you can check the format by right clicking the drive on the Finder window and selecting "Get Info". Check the Format section on the opened dialog.
Note: On a Windows computer, right click the drive on the File Explorer window and select Properties. Check the File System section on the opened dialog.
- Download the firmware to your computer using the link below:
- Copy the downloaded .dat file to the USB Flash drive.
⚠️ The file name must be exactly in the following format: monumentfw-XXXX-XXX.dat (example: monumentfw-71ad0d83-736.dat) Do not change the extension or the file name.
- Eject the USB flash drive from your computer.
Steps on Monument
- Unplug the power cable and all USB connections from Monument 2.
- Insert the USB flash drive into any USB port on Monument 2 and reconnect the power cable.
⚠️ Connect the power cable after placing the USB flash drive into the USB port. If the USB flash drive is connected afterwards, the update will not start.
- Monument will boot and start to update.
ℹ The update process may take about 5 minutes. Please keep the USB flash connected during the update.ℹ If you have a monitor/TV connected, you can monitor the update status on the screen.The device will boot and display the following messages on screen:
Checking firmware file
The LED will be flashing blue if setup still needs to be completed.
The LED will be white if setup was previously completed and you're just updating to a newer version.
When completed, you will see the version number updated on the lower right corner of the screen.
- Remove the USB flash drive.