Hard drive errors
When a hard drive is plugged into Monument, you may see one of the following error conditions. This article helps you troubleshoot the problem.
CONTENTS IN THIS ARTICLE
Inactive hard drive
Drives connected to Monument have two status options: Active or Inactive. This status can be viewed by going to "Settings" > "Hard Drives" using the Monument apps.
If any of your drives is labeled as Inactive, you will the statuses are greyed out in the list and after selecting the drive, you will see the following message:
Possible causes and solution:
- If this is a network drive, please make sure the drive is connected to the same network with Monument. If you're using a firewall, proxy or another device or service controlling your network, check the configuration and permissions are granted for Monument to access to the target drive on the network. Alternatively, you can try disabling the device or service temporarily and try connecting again.
- The drive could be ejected or unplugged from Monument 2. Please try connecting the drive and if it's an external USB Drive, verify the cable is firmly attached both to Monument and to the external drive.
- File system errors. Monument periodically check the health of the hard drive to make sure there are no errors which could prevent it running as expected. In some cases, file system errors may require the drive to be connected to a computer to fix them. Here's the guide to do a health check on your computer. Once completed, you can connect drive(s) back to Monument and check if the drive status is changed.
- Cannot connect to Monument. A Connection Monument should be available to display the status of the drives. If you're seeing the connection status Disconnected, please follow the troubleshooting guide to restore the connection to Monument.
Drive has no partition
- Unplug the hard drive from Monument
- Connect it to a computer and format the hard drive
- Eject the hard drive and connect it back to Monument
Drive capacity is low or requires initialization
Connect a hard drive larger than 1GB in size
Too many drives
You can still import contents from the connected drives but adding the third physical drive is not supported.